Talitha is predominantly run by volunteers, and is fully reliant on donations and the fundraising efforts of our wonderful volunteers. Raising funds for Talitha will help our transformative work to continue and grow; releasing hope and potential into many more lives. There are three ways you can support us financially…
You can make a one-off donation.
Become a Friend of Talitha
If you are passionate about Talitha’s transformative work, and would like to give regularly, we would love to invite you to become a Friend of Talitha and therefore an integral part of her future development.
A monthly gift of £5, £10, £15 or whatever you can afford, would greatly enable Talitha’s transformative work to continue to grow; releasing hope and potential to many more lives.
Got your own ideas for a fundraising event?
You can run your own fundraising event for Talitha by creating your own fundraising page at give.net. Please complete our enquiry from to let us know what you’re planning, and we’ll provide you with the resources you need. Set up your own fundraising page »
- Talitha Receives Point of Light Award from Prime Minister Theresa May December 6, 2016 - We are thrilled to announce Talitha has been recognised by Prime Minister Theresa May with a Point of Light Award! In a personal letter to our founder Amanda Root, Prime Minister Theresa May said: “Through ‘Talitha’, you are providing vital therapeutic support to women and girls who have experienced sexual exploitation, trafficking and domestic violence... Read more »
- Silent Auction Catalogue December 2, 2016 - At tomorrow’s performance of Such Stuff As Dreams we will be running a silent auction. To preview the lots download the auction-catalogue Happy bidding! It's only fair to share...
- BOGOF for this Saturday’s performance of Such Stuff As Dreams November 30, 2016 - A huge thank you to those of you who have already bought tickets to our fundraiser this Saturday, 3rd December, it is going to be a wonderful evening and I look forward to welcoming you there. If you haven’t yet booked it’s not too late. We’d like to invite you to share the love… ‘Such Stuff... Read more »
- Talitha Christmas Craft-a-Noon 26th November October 27, 2016 - Join us for an afternoon of creating christmassy crafts on Saturday November 26th between 1pm-4pm at St Dionis Mission Hall, Parsons Green, SW6 4UH Create a charming handmade Christmas tree decoration, delightful card, gorgeous bunting or a funky fabric wreath. Suitable for all levels, from beginners to really crafty people. All materials, tools and guidance provided.... Read more »
- Our founder a finalist for ITV Lorraine’s Woman of the Year October 12, 2016 - We are thrilled to announce our founder and CEO Amanda Root has been shortlisted as one of the three finalists for ITV Lorraine’s Woman of the Year 2016. Amanda has been nominated as a result of her work for us here at Talitha, a charity she envisioned and began in 2010. If you missed the moment she... Read more »
- Tickets Now on Sale: “Such Stuff As Dreams” Fundraiser 3rd Dec October 6, 2016 - On the 3rd December to mark the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death, critically acclaimed actors Tamsin Greig and Kenneth Cranham and the sensational Da Capo a capella choir will be entertaining you with: “Such Stuff as Dreams – an evening of Shakespeare in song & verse.” Shakespeare’s words have drawn many composers to set them... Read more »
- Global SeeSaw Products Sale at Biarritz Hotel Jersey September 22, 2016 - On Wednesday 28th September between 8-9pm Talitha will be selling Global Seesaw products at the Biarritz Hotel. In addition to raising funds the team are eager to talk to anyone who is interested in becoming involved with the work of Talitha and setting up the Talitha Jersey Hub. Do come along and have a look... Read more »
- Jersey Concert Raises Funds for Talitha September 22, 2016 - On Thursday the 15th September our friends at the Georgetown Methodist Church kindly held a concert in support of Talitha. In addition to enjoying music from Liberty Spears, Elliot Samphier, Gareth Rees and Grace Garnier, the audience also heard from, Cathy Sara (Jersey Hub Leader) who spoke briefly about the important work Talitha is doing... Read more »
- Talitha Walk to Freedom 2016 Raises Over £4000! September 22, 2016 - A huge thank you and a massive well done to all those who took part in the Talitha Walk to Freedom 2016. We are delighted to announce that so far we have raised £4498 – although there are still some donations coming in, can we tip it over the £5000 mark? We were blessed with sunny... Read more »
- Talitha goes to Bolivia August 26, 2016 - In early October we will be travelling to Bolivia to deliver our first programme there. Through the delivery of an eight day Talitha program we will be supporting Word Made Flesh, a charity that reaches out to women and children affected by prostitution as well as the project La Casa de mi Padre that reaches... Read more »